ICEM Surf - "The Art of Surface Modeling" - Enables You to create CAD Surfaces of the highest "Class-A" Quality
Image: KET GmbH
The aesthetics and design of a product are increasingly important factors in the customer's buying decision. This is similar for automobiles and for consumer goods in general. The more attractive the design, the more desirable the product will be. In addition to the design language and proportions, etc., the quality of the surfaces also plays a crucial role. Over the years, a very special CAD system has secured a top position for designing products of the highest surface quality – the Class-A quality - using computers: ICEM Surf.
With the help of ICEM Surf you are able to design your products with a special elegance, that will make them more attractive and successful.
The difference between Class-A surfaces (yellow) and ordinary surfaces (white) can be seen clearly in this photo:
Image: Braun Karosseriebau
In addition to the application in the automotive industry, ICEM Surf is also a very efficient tool for the universal application of Reverse Engineering - with a focus on surface quality (see application examples).
Application Examples of ICEM Surf
1) Automotive Exterior Strak / Lofting using ICEM Surf
2) Automotive Exterior Strak / Lofting using ICEM Surf
3) Automotive Interior Strak / Lofting using ICEM Surf
Conceptual design of an electric car
Excerpts from a master's thesis at HAW Hamburg in 2017 HAW Hamburg von 2017
B.Eng. Julian Bielenfeldt
B.Sc. David Brhel
B.Eng. Philipp Heuer-Jungemann
B.Eng. Dominik Miler
B.Eng. Tobias Roß
Prof. Dipl.-Ing. Jan Friedhoff
1) First concept Studies
2) Concept optimization
3) Sketches of the design idea and Strak result
4) Representation of the 3-D model in ICEM Surf / Bezier surfaces and control points
5) Representation of the shaded CAD model in artificial environment
Reverse engineering of a motorcycle fuel tank:
Presentation of a thesis at Master School Kaiserslautern 2017
1) Laser-Scanning a handmade tank that serves as a reference
2) Creating the Theoretical Surfaces in ICEM Surf
3) Filleting and trimming surfaces
4) Comparison of the scan data with the surface data
5) Finished tank prototype adapted to a BMW frame
Why is systemworkx the right partner for you in terms of ICEM Surf Software?
Our experts have been working in the field of free-form modeling with ICEM Surf since 1990. They have extensive practical experience, both in planning and in the practical implementation and application of ICEM Surf and related (CATIA-) tools. This enables us to provide you with comprehensive support: from the selection of the right components, the training of your co-workers, up to on-going customer support.
The focus is on the software modules:
- ICEM Surf
- CATIA ICEM Shape Design
- CATIA Imagine & Shape
How to start?
Please contact one of our friendly experts for a no obligation chat about ICEM Surf.